Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

bitten by the Blogging bug

Its the 10th of February 2010 and I'm on to resolution number 3. Resolution number one, was to put family first. That I realised by purging a few people in my life, 2009 I was all about "my girls" I was living a Carrie Bradshaw kind of life. Reality hit when I got pregenat with my second child and had to be on bed rest for the first trimester. Lets just say Carrie lost her groove, and as I puked every hour, had severe backaches, piles and ruptured blood vessel in my placenta, Samantha, Charlotte and Miranda where no where to be found. No it was Hubby and my lil boy who took daily trips to Woolies to satisfy what ever the craving was that day from avocado and salmon to sour cream on toast. It was in those crucial 3 months that I came to terms with what I already knew "My boys come first". As much as I liked being invited to all the cool parties and having bottles of Moet sent to my table it did not define me. What will define me though is the kind of mother I am, what Khwezi will say, the kind of wife I am what will Zenzile say and last but not least what will my God say did I live up to the high expectations he had for me?

Resolution number two, is to read more so to bring this to fruition I did what I had to do I got a library card. The choice of books at the Langenhovenpark library though leave much to be desired. So this resolution might have to be tweeked, does exclusive books have a an account LOL...

Along with being a gourmet cook, teaching myself to bake and decorate award winning cakes (actually I want to channel my inner Martha Stewart) I also want to keep you entertained, informed and enthralled as we keep on this journey called life. So laugh, vent and cry with me...

2 comments:

  1. This is so tastefully written and BIG UP to you, i too have been bitten by the Blog monster (and am yet to type).

    what a pleasure to read and wishyou Good Luck with your Pregnancy.. looking foward to reading more from you

    Happy Blogging fellow Blogger :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Women like you are an inspiration. I am so proud of you old friend. I hope its a girl so u can impart all your life's lessons to her.

    ReplyDelete