Powered By Blogger

Monday, August 30, 2010

Mommy Fabulous

I woke up this morning with the intention of entering a competition to be the next blogger for Bronx Ladies Shoes. The lure of a year’s supply of shoes was just too good to ignore.  Once I had downloaded the pictures formulated some ideas and now all that was left was to put pen to paper... Blank! I do not understand why I can’t write about shoes, I love shoes, I love fashion I know my Zannotis, Stuart weitzmans and every woman knows Choo.

I can not write about shoes because my mind is clouded.  I am no longer a fashionista, motherhood has consumed me so much that  when I think of shopping I think of heading to Woolies not for the Fabulist items but, for Oyster sauce  ( my Asian stir fry is not the same without it).  The fashion must haves this summer are Rompers and Bootie sandals, really I just bought these for my 11week old son, now I need them too? Will they have cute little phrases like “as cute as my mommy” or “looking for trouble”

In all honesty I probably will end up with the bootie sandals, however I guess I just can not express my love for fashion anymore, my magazine rack is filled with not just Elle, Marie Claire and Glamour, but your parenting, your baby, Essentials, Ideas and Fresh living.

I remember a time when I used to take monthly trips to Joburg to shop for shoes and clothes that I can’t find in Bloemfontein. I would ensure I go to the latest trendy clubs, roof top parties etc. My next trip is coming up in a few weeks and instead of shoes and dresses, I want to come back with novelty baking pans and a cake decorating set. Rather than a trendy club I want to spend my birthday at Gold Reef city with my oldest son.

As much as I love shoes, fashion and all things fabulous, my scope of fabulous has expanded to include, fabulous specials on nappies, fabulous cupcake recipes, and fabulous restaurants that offer jungle gyms and playstations for my babies.


1 comment:

  1. Love your blogpost! I was thinking the exact same thing this weekend as I greedily bought my 5th recipe magazine this week and lay dreaming about what I can make. I also thought aha - so this is how come Mommy made us all those yummy things and got so much pleasure out of it. I love being a mom - as naff as that may seem to those still revelling in hipdom. My goal is to mix the two, once the exhaustion finally subsides ;)

    ReplyDelete