Powered By Blogger

Friday, April 1, 2011

I am Super Woman

Super woman, who is she? What is she? Why am I trying so hard to be her?

Why am I trying to be Martha Stewart, Victoria Beckham, Dr. Mamphela Ramphela and *insert a Playboy playmates name here* all at once?

Who am I trying to please? Am I succeeding? Martha might be proud of the fact that I’ve just spent the last four hours  chopping, peeling and freezing about 40kgs in vegetables, but I hated every minute of it , I didn’t Julienne my carrots, and the other day I baked a cake and didn't separate the eggs despite the recipe instructing me to do so.

Would Victoria wear what I have on today? Maybe, if she shopped at Mr.Price and didn’t mind Khaya’s breakfast, lunch, dinner and dirt that he picks up outside being embedded in the fabric forming a dirty chic pattern.

Dr. Ramphela would be disappointed to know that although I am a law graduate, I have no Court room or corporate aspirations. I would rather have a column in a magazine discussing Fabmommy issues.

As for the said Playboy playmate, I know she’d be disappointed to know that I need comfort and support not from my husband but from my underwear. If anyone is going to scream Daddy, Daddy in this house in the middle of night, I hope it’s these kids because really Mommy needs her beauty sleep!  

1 comment:

  1. LOL! *Clap *Clap, well said and I couldn't bloody agree more! I'm moving house, organising fencing, raising a toddler, getting the couch fixed, making dinner, trying to be a (paid) illustrator..so when my Man comes home from work and says he's tired - he can't understand why I giggle hysterically.

    ReplyDelete